About Pink

Pink was born Alecia Moore in Doylestown, Pennsylvania September 8, 1979. Her mother, Judith Moore, works as a nurse and her father, James Moore, Jr.,
is a Vietnam veteran. Her father played guitar and sang songs for her, and from an early age she aspired to be a rock star.

She released her first single "There You Go" and first album, Can't Take Me Home in 2000. Her more pop rock-oriented second studio album, Missundaztood, which began a marked shift in the sound of her music, was released in 2001, and was very successful worldwide, and is, currently, her best seller. Pink released her third album, Try This, in November 2003, and her fourth in April 2006, I'm Not Dead. Her fifth album, Funhouse, was released in late October 2008 and was preceded by her first solo number one on the Hot 100, "So What". The album hosts Top 20 hits "Sober" and "Please Don't Leave Me", and is Pink's first album to spawn five worldwide singles.

She has sold more than 10 million albums in the US and over 32 million records worldwide, and scored eight Top 10 US hits,
won two Grammy Awards and became one of the best known female pop rock acts of the decade.


December 14, 2009

Pink got interviewed on Radio 1

Pink spent half an hour answering questions and got interviewed over the radio. The interview was broadcasted on BBC Radio 1 Friday 11th December.
She also did a webchat during the radio interview answered different questions from the listeners. Here's everything that went down:


9:06am: Adam Irish - If you had to bring 3 items to take to a desert island what would you pick?

Pink says - A bottle of wine and a crokscrew and a solar powered ipod player

9:07am: bev - pink will you say hello to my doggie lillie she is a west highland white and she is not feeling very well and will feel much better if u say hello !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

R1 Vickey - Pink is writing the message on the whiteboard

9:08am: Danni - Having seen all your UK tours, what would you say has been the most fun? personally I love the funhouse tour and album xx

Pink says - This one, I guess, but this coming summer should be fun as it's a stadium tour!

9:08am: ANDREJA CROATIA - Hi Pink! i'm writting from Croatia.... I'm coming to your show in Vienna next week :-) and I cant wait for it! hope everything will be ok! Are you tired from all this shows?

Pink says - I'm tired now cos it's 9am but when I'm on stage nothing else really matters, Vienna is gonna be a good one!

9:09am: Sarah - Hey Pink I saw you at Manchester on October 23rd, you were AMAZING! Album, also amazing! How do you manage to have the energy on your tour every night?? xxx

Pink says - It's a natural thing, it's a light switch - u tend to be obnoxious or energised, or both in my case!

9:10am: Andy Franks (York) - Which british act would you like to work with?

Pink says - Sade - I love her and her music and her voice and she is beautiful! Her lyrics are pretty awesome too!

9:11am: Neil - Hi Pink just wondering if chris hitting on you all the time gets on your nerves or if you find him a little cute. xx

Pink says - He's adorable - DING DONG!

9:12am: Natalie - you must miss carey and your dogs loads on tour, what do you do to distract yourself from missing them. (p.s you rock please say hi to me! (Natalie))

Pink says - I have their pictures and set up a shrine of love in each hotel room!

9:13am: Rachael - You once said fame doesn't do for you what you think it's going to do....what did you think it was going to do and how do your fans make you feel?

Pink says - When I was little I thought it would get a lot more free clothes, but that part didn't work out so well! My fans make me feel understood.

9:14am: Maria - Hey pink, when you are in bolton in june, fancy coming to my local for a pint?

Pink says - I don't know if I'll have time, but thanks for the invite - no drinking before the show!

9:15am: Matt - Hi Pink. What is your favourite tattoo of?

Pink says - My what goes around comes around tattoo on my wrist - I got it done 13 years ago

9:17am: Astra Dolphin - Helloooooooo Pink, your are such an inspiration even to my bedroom music! Your show was a musical exxtravangana, how long does it take to plan a show like Funhouse? Rock N Roll xx

Pink says - 3 months - 5 or 6 people are involved, from stage design, to lighting to set lists, to gags. I'm in control - I'm a Vrigo, so I'm either vacuuming or telling people what to do!

9:19am: Tracy - What advice would you give to a teenage girl with low self esteem? Thank you xxx

Pink says - Do self-defence classes and find a hobby or talent that you're good at - it can change your life and everyone has a talent!

9:20am: Antony - Hi Pink, What is you favourate and worst day of the week and why?

Pink says - I don;t even know what day of the week is! I laugh when people ask me what I'm doing at the weekend - I didn't know there were weekends!
9:21am: GILL - WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GROW OLD

Pink says - Somewhere in Australia - near a wine region of course and a Harley dealer!

9:22am: naomi - my two year old son is currently dancing around the living room to the concert. What is kinda inspired my question. What sort of music do you first remember and did it have any influence on your music in later years?

Pink says - All the music I listened to when I was younger influenced me, all teh eccletic music - Mamas and the Papas and Mary J Blige were my first records.

9:23am: Chris Flynn - Hi pink! Who's your favourite rock band?

Pink says - Bad Religion - never seen them play live - one of my unfulfilled dreams!

9:24am: Emmy - what's your favourite christmas song?

Pink says - Baby It's Cold Outside - Am gonna be cooking and eating lots of food this Christmas

9:25am: Simon - what is your least favourite Pink song!

Pink says - Goodness, which one?! Don't Let Me Get Me to perform is up there - because I've been singing it for 8 or 9 years!

9:26am: Phillip G - whats your favorite flavour of ice cream?

Pink says - Cookies and Cream or Peanut Butter Swirl or Strawberry Cheesecake!

9:26am: Kim - out of all your songs which is your favourite and why? please will you write me a message?

Pink says - Right now, One Foot Wrong!

9:27am: MelanieHoffmanC - I play college soccer & have never even ran more than 2 miles on my own... Do you listen to music when you are running for your 70 minutes?? How do you keep yourself going that long?

Pink says - I listen to music, the angrier the better - or I watch CNN!

9:29am: Zoe - Hi Pink, what's the best Christmas present you've ever received?

Pink says - A house when I was 3 - a playhouse - I could walk inside and pretend to cook and there was an over and friends. I didn't want to come out ever!

9:30am: R1 Vickey - Pink has to go now - thanks for your questions!

Pink says - Safe and happy Christmas and thanks for getting up early to hang out with me am off to bed now! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Question at 9:27, that's me :D ... wish I could have actually heard her speaking during the chat, not just read the chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, how lucky you were to get to ask here a question:D how fun!!

    ReplyDelete